Fri, Feb 23|
Northeastern State University - BA
Theories in Play Therapy - IN PERSON
Theories, theories, and more theories! Where does your philosophy of treatment land with theories of play therapy? Visit the ten seminal theories to find out how each was developed and participate in activities that represent each theory.
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2024, 1:00 PM CST – Feb 24, 2024, 5:00 PM CST
Northeastern State University - BA, 3100 New Orleans St, Broken Arrow, OK 74014, USA
About the event
Theories, theories, and more theories! Where does your philosophy of treatment land with theories of play therapy? Visit the ten seminal theories to find out how each was developed and participate in activities that represent each theory. Included will be Adlerian, Child-Centered, Cognitive-Behavioral, Developmental, Ecosystemic, Filial, Gestalt, Jungian, Object-Relations and Theraplay. This course is interactive and structured to be inclusive of different learning styles. (12 in-person credit hours)
1. Identify at least 3 different theories of play therapy.
2. Identify the theory of play therapy that best fits your overall philosophy.
3. Identify at least 3 theorists in play therapy.
4. Identify methods of play therapy that are most effective for trauma &/or attachment work.
5. Identify at least 3 reliable resources to use for locating reliable and accurate play therapy research.
6. Define prescriptive play therapy.
7. Identify and discuss themes present in children’s play in play therapy.
8. Describe a child and diagnoses that may not be appropriate for play therapy.
9. Identify how to involve families in at least 3 play therapy theories.
10. Identify effective ways to provide self-care & prevent burnout.
11. Identify at least 5 approaches to coping with work stressors to avoid burnout for play therapists.
12. Participate in play therapy activities designed to be representative of each theory.
Friday, February 24, 2024
12:30 pm - Registration
1:00 pm - Course Begins
2:45 pm - Break
3:00 pm - Course Resumes
4:30 pm Break
4:45 pm - Course Resumes
6:30 pm - End of Day
Saturday, February 25, 2024
8:45 am - Course Begin
10:30 am - Break
10:45 am - Course Resumes
12:15 pm - Lunch
1:15 pm - Course Resumes
3:00 pm - Break
3:15 pm - Course Resumes
4:45 pm - End of Day
- Sale ends: Feb 22, 2024, 5:00 PM CST
Theories in Play Therapy$300.00